All sports, ages, and skill levels welcome!
Athletes Sarah has worked with include, but are not limited to: MHSAA hockey; AA and AAA hockey; NCAA athletics— hockey, volleyball, and football; OHL players; NHL Draft Picks; figure skating Olympic medalists; club and high school lacrosse; and retired Superbowl champions.
Sarah graduated from Central Michigan University with a degree in Exercise Science: Health Fitness. Currently, she is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer; holds a USAW certification; MHSAA CAP Masters Certified Coach; Precision Nutrition Certified Level 1 Coach; and is studying to acquire the CFSC (Certified Functional Strength Coach) as well.
Here’s what makes what we do so successful:
- Specific: Workouts are designed around specific exercises such as explosive movements, strength, agility, acceleration, mobilization, stabilization and body awareness.
- Athletic Functional Training: Our training programs utilize functional training methods that work to correct muscular imbalances, improve range of motion, increase flexibility, improve stabilization and to reduce the risk of injury.
- Multi-Directional: The ability to change directions quickly and efficiently is a critical aspect for any athlete. A portion of each workout contains speed and agility drills that develop acceleration, agility, and change of direction.
- Progressive: Our training provides the proper amount of stress on the body that allows the body to grow and for complete recovery. A focus is placed on the correction of mechanical errors to build a foundation for proper movement and strength. Players that can run faster, jump higher, and have faster reaction speeds have likely invested time in the weight room. Stronger muscles can exert more force into the ground, thus run faster, jump higher, and change directions faster.
- Recovery: We also believe in proper recovery, instead of overtraining which can be detrimental to growth and development. Our workout program provides just enough stress to cause an adaptation and allow the athlete to FULLY recover and be prepared for optimal performance for the next workout or game.
- Nutrition: Nutrition guidance is available to help you perform your best! Proper nutrition is essential for performance on the field, the ice and in the weight room. We can answer many of your questions regarding nutrition.